Saturday, June 11, 2011

I have been having a lot of breakfast for dinner lately!

Have you ever seen that episode of Scrubs where Turk begs Carla to make him breakfast for dinner or "brinner"?  You should check it out if you have not seen it...hilarious!

So, anyway, I made drop biscuits and tofu scramble.

The biscuits did not turn out quite like I had hoped but they are still darn good.  I give them a Vegan Gal rating of 7!  The recipe called for a non-dairy butter such as Earth Balance.  I used Willow Run but I bet they would have turned out more golden brown had I used the Earth Balance.  I added some canola oil to make them rise a bit more.  They are yummy with jam on them or imitation honey.

Then, I made tofu scramble.  With just the seasonings, I gave it a Vegan Gal rating of 4...but once I added the Daiya Cheddar cheese and the tomatoes, I increased the rating to 7!




Tomorrow I will plan to eat the tofu scramble on a tortilla with daiya, lettuce, tomato and possibly tofutti sour cream for a "Sunshine" taco.  You could also make a frittata or other similar "egg bake" recipe with this.  It would be great with green onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomato, etc.  Yummy!

This is what I used:
http://www.fantasticworldfoods.com/products/productdetail.aspx?s=073825122707:Tofu+Scrambler+-+2.7++++++++OZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment