1 or 1 1/2 pounds pasta, preferably Radiatore
1 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
1 1/2 cups nutritional yeast
1 cup canola oil OR 3 tablespoons vegan margarine
1 cup water
1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
1/4 (12 ounce) block firm (not silken) tofu (optional)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
Salt / pepper to tast
1 dollop mustard, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil water in a big pot and cook pasta according to package directions.
2. If using tofu: Add all of the "cheese" sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in the baking pan. Pour the "cheese" sauce over the pasta.
3. If not using tofu: heat vegan margarine with a little flour and nooch to create a thick sauce. Pour over the pasta in a casserole dish.
4. Add in the Dayia and stir well.
5. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and add some paprika for garnish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy.
This is very simple and tastes amazing!