- 2 medium onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 10-oz. bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 14-oz. pkgs. firm tofu, drained
- 1 8-oz. pkg. vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 pound of mushrooms
- black olives, sliced
- One jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles
- Soy sausage crumbles, broken apart
- 1 bag Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese
2. I cooked the mushrooms with the soy crumbles. You can do this however you wish. Mix together the tofu mixture with the soy crumbles and mushrooms. Set aside.
3. Spread one-quarter of the sauce on bottom of 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with 4 or 5 noodles, then half of filling, and ladle on another one-quarter of sauce. Repeat layer of noodles and remaining Filling. Spread sauce evenly over top, and top with sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
4. Cover lasagna with foil, and bake 30 minutes, or until bubbling hot. Uncover, and bake 15 to 20 minutes more, or until noodles are tender and topping is melted. I add the black olives right at the end for fun. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. The Daiya can get kind of greasy on top, but it still tastes so good!
Rice Crispy Bars with Dandies
3 tbls. vegan margarine
One package (10 oz.) of Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
1/2 peanut butter (optional)
6 cups vegan (and preferably organic and non-GMO) crispy rice cereal
Melt the butter over low heat. Add the Dandies and melt those as well. Remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter. Then add the cereal and mix really well. Press the mixture into a greased pan and allow it to cool. Then enjoy!