- 2 cups soy milk
- 3 T. vegan margarine
- 2 T. flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- One 16-ounce bags of frozen veggies, I used mixed beans, peas, corn and carrots
- One bag of tater tots, use only enough to cover the top of the casserole
- 1/2 package of soy crumbles
- 1 bag of Daiya® cheddar cheese
- 4 dollops of vegan margarine
- Over medium-low heat, mix the flour and margarine. When light brown and bubbly, remove from heat and add soy milk slowly while whisking. Take your time, make sure it’s thoroughly whisked and not lumpy.
- Return sauce to medium heat and cook until the sauce thickens. Use a wire whisk constantly as sauce thickens.
- Once thickened to coat a spoon, remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a 9 x 12 inch casserole, mix the frozen veggies, crumbles, Daiya and white sauce.
- Scatter the dollops of Earth Balance on top.
- Top with 1 layer of tater tots, side-by-side, end-to-end.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375° F.
Fudge from The Joy of Vegan baking cookbook by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
The peanut butter sent it over the top! I give it a vegan gal rating of 5! You better have the unsweetened almond milk to go with it because this stuff is rich.