2 cups Daiya mozzarella
2 cups Daiya cheddar cheese
4 cups uncooked macaroni
8 tablespoons margarine
24 oz unsweetened soy or almond milk
Make the cheese sauce!
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the milk to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and mix in the margarine, stirring until melted.
3. Add the cheese shreds, stirring gently until they combine with the liquid to form a creamy cheese sauce.
Optional: season to taste with salt, pepper, onion or garlic. If a thicker sauce is your desire, stir in a pinch of corn starch.
4. Reduce the heat to low, stirring even few minutes.
Make the pasta!
5. Cook the pasta according to the directions provided on the package. Stop when about 90% done and drain, leaving a little hot water with the pasta. (This will mostly cook down as you continue to heat the pasta.)
Combine the two to make mac and cheese!
6. Mix the cheese sauce into the pasta, stirring well. On medium low heat, let the pasta continue to cook, until it’s the desired consistency. Stir constantly during this last step so that none of the pasta or cheese sticks to the pan.
Serve warm and melty!