Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rice Crispy Treats and Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

I was on call this week therefore I have to bring treats to work tomorrow.  Every time I try to top what I brought last time...in an attempt to get my co-workers to see how wonderful vegan food is.  I borrowed the Strawberry Cupcake recipe from a local vegan blogger who is amazing.  These get a Vegan Gal rating of 8! 

Check out her blog:
http://www.growingupveg.blogspot.com/2011/02/strawberry-shortcake-cupcakes.html



Also made rice crispy bars with chocolate on top.  I give them a Vegan Gal rating of 7.  These are really good, but very rich.

Ingredients:

1 cup Karo white corn syrup

1 cup white sugar

1 cup peanut butter

6 cups rice crispy cereal

Put corn syrup and sugar into a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Let boil. Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Take off of heat and add rice crispy cereal. Pour into a prepared pan and press down.  Pour melted chocolate over the top. Let cool then cut.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment